Wool Christmas Stockings

I find it nearly impossible to find good quality 100% wool at our local fabric store. I have been wanting to make wool stockings each Christmas but have been frustrated by my lack of supplies to do so. This weekend I decided to venture out to a few thrift stores and see what ideas came to mind.
What I came home with was 1 wool sweater, 1 pair of plaid wool pants, and 2 wool skirts. All which now have become these...







I also have scraps leftover to make some patchwork pillows.




The stockings were incredibly easy. I used a simple McCall's pattern and had four done within 2 hours (after cutting the fabric). Plus it is nice to know that the materials are re-purposed and thus I am "eco-friendly girl!!"
These, along with alot of other things, are headed up to the shop today. I am busily getting ready for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
My project list includes:

1. wool mens scarves
2. more aprons
3. vintage fabric necklaces
4. throw pillows
5. notecard packs

I'd better get busy!