Comfort Food



As we settle into winter we also settle into a different kind of menu...comfort food. Our summers are full of smoothies, salads, grilled chicken, and bruschetta. Wintertime is when we pull out our recipes for short ribs, soups, pasta, and casseroles.

As unhealthy as some of those winter foods can be, I try to keep them as healthy as possible. I thought I'd share what our menu looked like last week. I love to see what others are making for dinner so I thought you may feel the same!

I will include links for the recipes (hover over the recipe and click)

Monday: Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad and Mac n' cheese

Tuesday: Vegetable Soup (use your favorite recipe for this one) and salad

Wednesday: Aromatic Noodles with Peanut Lime Sauce

Thursday: Balsamic Glazed Salmon with Broccoli and Wild Rice

Friday: Chicken Pot Pie ( I use a recipe that I came up with years ago) and spinach salad.

Saturday: Beef Stroganoff and steamed veggies