These Are A Few Of My Favorite (Beauty) Things...


A few days ago I talked a bit about the idea of feeling pretty. Since that post I thought it would be fun to share my favorite beauty products.
(hover over the products to click the link)

1. Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash ~ at Target $4.49
Yes, you read that right. $4.49. I have been looking for a good face wash for years. I have finally found it. This stuff is amazing. So simple yet makes my face feel so clean. Love this stuff!

2. Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Hemp Rose Pure Castile Soap ~ under $6
I love all of Dr. Bronner's products. In the summer I use the peppermint soap but in the winter I love the rose. I want to try eucalyptus next.

3. Fresh Umbrian Clay Absolute Concealer ~ $22 at Sephora.
This stuff is great for under eye circles (I need lots of this with a 2 month old baby!). Its amazing.

4. Bare Escentuals ~ at Sephora
This stuff has been in the marketplace for a while with lots of hoopla. I am a fan. It works for me and has for a couple of years now.

5. Provence Sante Vetyver
I am not really a perfume kinda gal. I like the smell of them on other people (usually) but when I spray myself I just get really sick of the smell after about 10 minutes. I smelled this fragrance at a shop in St.Augustine a few years ago. At the time finances didn't allow for such things like $27 perfume. So I wrote down the name, stuck it in my wallet, and kinda forgot about it.
Last year, while at Whole Foods I saw this fragrance again. I sprayed myself with it just to make sure I still loved it as much as I had remembered...I did. Mike bought it for me and I have been in fragrance heaven ever since. Its woodsy in smell...not fruity at all.

6. Clarisonic~ the mack daddy of all purchases at a whopping $195...yes one hundred and ninety five dollars!
Yes, I spent nearly $200 on a beauty product nearly 6 months ago...and haven't regretted it once since.
I have been given (through genetics) not so nice skin. Its a bit blotchy, some rather large pores, and breakouts from time to time. No fun. During one of my QVC watching afternoons I saw them advertise this. I was immediately drawn in because...well I do love a good infomercial. I started researching these online and the reviews were amazing.
I gave Mike all of the reasons behind my need of this purchase. I told him that really it was only the cost of about 3 facials at a spa! I told him that I would never ask for an expensive beauty product again if he bought me this! And I told him that I would sell above and beyond at the shops to pay for it. Of course he needed none of these reasons because he is a wonderful husband who would have agreed to it from the get-go.
All this to say that I now own a Clarisonic and LOVE IT! L-O-V-E it. My skin looks a billion times better than ever and feels sooo soft and smooth...like I just left a facial.


So there they are...you know all of my beauty secrets now. What are yours? I am still on the lookout for a great face lotion and eye cream. Those pesky crows feet are starting to appear (lack of sleep probably doesn't help) and I want to find a great eye cream. Any suggestions?